The value of genuine friendship
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 • 1:21 AM • 0 comments
Janey Tracey Jimah! My TOP-NOTCH lifelong friend. I've known her since I was 8 (I am now 24), and we did a lot of things together since then and have been through many things together. Countless church camps & retreats, countless yam cha sessions and hang outs just doing random things like going to the movies and playing Dance Dance Revolution, or like that one time she came over to the house and we baked lasagne together. She knows me in ways many other people don't. and I think she has also known every single crush i've ever had during our teen days and knows how crazzzyyy I could get over those boys. Oh..those were the days. Hahahaha.
Nowadays we only get to meet once to thrice a year, since in the past years she has been studying in the west, and now working there too. But she recently came back to KK! For the festivities. We met up today (MADE HER TRY OUT CROSSFIT!! hahahaha) and it was as if no time has passed between us. You know how things get awkward after not meeting somebody for a long time? Yeah. That doesn't exist between us. We picked up right where we left off!
Nowadays we only get to meet once to thrice a year, since in the past years she has been studying in the west, and now working there too. But she recently came back to KK! For the festivities. We met up today (MADE HER TRY OUT CROSSFIT!! hahahaha) and it was as if no time has passed between us. You know how things get awkward after not meeting somebody for a long time? Yeah. That doesn't exist between us. We picked up right where we left off!
I had a wonderful time today :) Spending some time with Janey and a few of her other friends was exactly what I needed after a gruelling, absolutely DEBILITATING time of tension and distraught that has just come to pass (which I'm still trying to recover from). Just really feel at ease :) Spending time with Janey brought back feelings of being carefree and young, the kind of feeling you get during your childhood when you didn't have a care in the world and things were so much simpler. It was a taste of a time when we were all once younger with untainted innocence, free..and happy. which I miss.
Did a bit of catching up, exchanged life updates. I love how she knows how to listen intently, and I love how she always knows what to say. She knows when to speak up, when to keep quiet, and what body language to display...almost all the time without ever giving off a judgemental vibe. Which I so truly appreciate. I mean who the hell likes being judged or eyeballed when you are pouring out your sorrows and vulnerabilities? My point exactly.
Janey actually has quite a natural sense of deduction when it comes to assessing things like what people really mean when they say something or the motives of some people's actions...I've realized this a number of times over the years of our friendship. Haha. And sometimes it just feels like she really just understands, and you don't even have to explain a lot.
All in all, we just jive. Effortlessly. What I love the most about her? Her kind, selfless heart and HER WEIRDNESS. Hahahaha. Her weirdness is unlike any other; it's funny, entertaining, sometimes embarrassing (HAHAHA sorry janey) but mostly endearing in the most unique way. If you know her you would know what I'm talking about. Hahaha.
I think these kind of friendships are really hard to come by, which is why I truly treasure this and I will go absolutely out of my way to make time for these kind of friends and to continually nurture the friendship, and preserve what has been built over the years.
So I shall end this with a quote that i've always loved..which I believe rings so incredibly true. and I hope it would inspire you to cherish the friendships that mean a lot to you in your life.
"There’s no prize to be gained on this earth that’s greater than the prize of great relationships.
Be rich where it matters."
-Anthea ❤






