I wrote a song today :)
Thursday, October 25, 2012 • 1:46 AM • 2 comments
A lot of things have been inspiring me lately, like Taylor Swift's new 'RED' album, Nickelback's "Here and Now" album (to name a couple) and with a sudden surge of impulse + coffee buzz I decided to compose a new song..
(WHEN I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING haha damn it)
AND, NOW I am going to let you listen to it! :)
It's not done yet though, I only have the 1st verse and Chorus down, and I plan on working on the 2nd verse and Bridge later on. And I will only name the song once I've completed it entirely.
This isn't the first song i've ever composed if you're wondering, i've written quite a number. But most of 'em were unrecorded, unfinished and well... there are a couple of songs where I completely forgot the lyrics and how the melody goes LOL.
I've shared it with my friends on Facebook and Twitter, and so far I've gotten very nice positive feedback, so yes! that was a H U G E relief, cause i'm TERRIBLY insecure and wasn't sure if anybody at all would find my work even remotely tasteful. So ya. Thank you my dear friends. Thank you God!
This is the first time I'm presenting my singing self on this blog, what better time than to do it now :) Please use earphones to listen! Sounds better :D
Verse 1:
Sitting by the window
watching raindrops trickling down the glass
& I find you in my thoughts..oh, here I go again
years have passed, still everything leads back to you
will this ever end? oh will it ever end....
Chorus:
I'm tired of holding on
I'm tired of thinking what went wrong
Will I finally see..
the day I never look back again
Maybe if i let it go....
Maybe if I let it go....
-Anthea ❤





