13 things that occur in the existence of human life which I will never understand
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 • 1:49 AM • 0 comments
1. Why it is SO HOT when the weather gets hot (here in the damn tropics).
Really? I mean. Are humans even created to tolerate and live in such energy-zapping humidity, unbearably hot and scorching weather??
2. Why food that is bad for you tastes soooooo good and are usually the (only) ones that help actualize gastronomic nirvana.
Do you know how many calories there are in a KFC snack plate? Over 800 calories, minus soda. That's way more than half of your daily calorie intake if you're trying to lose weight.
And I’m not sure how many calories there are in a majestic crispy roast pork. Or in a glorious chocolate fondant + vanilla ice cream.
But oh sweet mother of! HOW CAN YOU EVER RESIST.
3. Why love has to hurt sometimes.
It seems to be that love requires you to tap into the innermost core of your heart & soul, a very delicate and fragile place; which enters you into a whole new level of vulnerability, subsequently making you more susceptible and prone to getting hurt.
The ones we love, be it family or S.O’s, are the ones who are truly capable of hurting us. It is a known fact. Human love is flawed. But why does it have to be that way?
4. Why your big sister gives the best advice and is always right.
I just don’t get it.
But it is undoubtedly amazing.
But it is undoubtedly amazing.
5. Why females have to go through PMS.
Simply put, we turn into an angry and overly-sensitive devil spawn where we sometimes wish we could summon a dramatic apocalypse so the ones who/things that irritate us can perish in it and feel each and every bit of our fiery wrath (disclaimer: exaggeration intended for dramatic purposes, not to be taken literally).
Also we want to eat E V E R Y T H I N G.
It is never pretty. It is the struggle of every XX chromosome-bearing homosapien. I just wish we had 100% complete control over it.
6. Why it has to take you 3-4 damn f-ing YEARS for you to earn a degree (and that is if you don’t get stuck along the way).
At the end of the day all you get for years of putting up with shit and misery is a freaking piece of paper. A PIECE OF PAPER. Which is most probably made out of some tree from an obscure jungle somewhere in the world…
7. Why we always want what we can’t have.
This one really drives me nuts. And then the most “hilarious” part is when we actually and finally get hold of what was previously perceived as unattainable, we don’t want it anymore. Why do we always glamorize the idea of what we believe is unattainable?
8. Why the infatuation/honeymoon/all-time high phase is really just a phase and it doesn’t last forever.
But isn’t it the best part?
9. Why some people don’t say sorry when they accidentally bump into you or get in your way.
This irritates me like hell crazy. I mean if it were me I will DEFINITELY say sorry. It is the polite thing to do. Were you not taught to have basic manners?
10. Why some people seem to have little to no respect for people’s relationships.
I have both seen and heard about it.
I just. I can’t even…just WHY. My neurons die a tragic death just from trying to explore *remotely* possible justifications of such behaviour.
Just. NO.
Please identify your damn boundaries and learn what is yours and what is not. Have some respect.
11. Why Michelle Phan is SO pretty.
Absolutely unfathomable.
Every.single.time I watch a youtube video of hers... I just get SO mesmerized cause there is just too much beauty going on (no homo, hahaha). And I do get a little bit jealous for sure! LOL. Well your eyes can’t deny it loves all things aesthetically-pleasing.
12. Why your instincts will always bug you and tell you the truth (that you’d rather not know).
I hate listening to my instincts sometimes because I know, I JUST KNOW that it tells me the truth that I absolutely do not want to hear.
13. Why deep-fried chicken seems to be quite the solution to everything.
This I will never comprehend.
-Anthea ❤





