Home | +Follow Me? :)
Semi-Filtered Cogitations
I'm gonna miss this
Saturday, October 13, 2012 • 1:50 AM • 2 comments



I had my very last class of the semester this morning, and I can’t help but feel a little bit emotional about it. Either it’s because I’m hormonal or maybe i just really cannot believe that the faces in my class – the familliar faces that I’ve seen all throughout my 4 years here in Curtin – are not going to be around anymore and I most probably won’t be seeing these faces in the next 5 years. Or EVER.

Most of them are in their very last semester. My groupmates are all in their final semesters. It hit me when Kavitha, my really good friend & coursemate, whom I’ve taken tonnes and tonnes of subjects with since 1st year of uni, said “omg, this is the last class sudah”....

Yeap. The very last class of her ENTIRE university life.

& I was like, woah...the idea of completing uni is actually real. LOL. The last class of your entire university life is a very historical moment. And to be honest I feel sad. So so sad we all have to go our separate ways. Life after university.

I’ve been too stuck in the mentality that ‘I still have SO long to go’ and that ‘I have so many more subjects to take’ and ‘it’ll be AGES until I finally complete uni’, that I never thought of preparing myself for the end of this life phase. SERIOUSLY.

HECK, I didn't even think you need to prepare yourself mentally for leaving university. God.  I mean why, you've been so desperate to finish uni & get it all done and over with.

But then I would speculate that it is all very much akin to breaking up. Leaving uni is like breaking up with a lover of 4-5 years. You get withdrawal symptoms. You feel desperate to get back to what feels 'familiar'. Your bittersweet comfort zone.... You start missing it all like crazy. But there's no turning back. 

Next semester is my FINAL semester and I only have TWO more subjects to take. That’s cray.

I guess I have been so desperate to get out of this life phase, because this current life phase of mine has been giving me so. much. grief. I have been so hungry for change. Good change where I can finally progress towards my dreams and life purpose. Didn’t want to be a student anymore. I just wanted to MOVE ON. And leave this place for GOOD.

But now, it’s different. Suddenly you have all these flashbacks of that time when you just entered uni. Young, naive, hopeful.

& things have gotten so comfortable. You have grown so used to flying back and forth from ur uni to ur hometown. Grown so used to pulling all-nighters for assignments and exam preparations. Grown so used to dragging yourself to classes. Grown so used to complaining about 8am classes & watching a tonne of movies & TV series when you have nothing to do/when you are procrastinating. Grown so used to university life. 

If you took time to mentally & emotionally prepare yourself to ENTER uni (it took me 6 months. by the time I got to uni, my reality was rock solid & it didn't feel surreal cuz I prepared myself well), then I don't see why you shouldn't take time to mentally & emotionally prepare yourself to LEAVE uni.

So starting from now I am going to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for leaving uni. So that later on I won't be gobsmacked by.. how the reality that I am no longer in the safe blanket of university, has just unexpectedly hit me like a tonne of bricks.

To be honest I got hit by a tonne of bricks today. Saya pula yang emotional padahal I'm not the one who just had their last class of their entire uni life! LOL

And also what’s really sad is that I’m starting to be really good friends with these people in my class today. but the semester’s already coming to an end. Why is it that you always, ALWAYS start to be really good friends with people only towards the end of something, when you barely have the chance to continue working on the friendship! I’m sad.

I'm guessing this is all I want to document today. It's 1.50 am now and I am soooooo incredibly tired now I've been up since 7.20am this morning. Didn't want to write this but I figured that this is a very important thing to document.



Today was another significant turning point in my life. It's crazy. So crazy. Life is crazy. 


-Anthea ❤







<< Turn Back | Go Forth >>
The Lady

 photo 835acf11-c938-4d02-a77f-c2b4de4e9966_zpseca91784.jpg


△▲△▲△

On a constant never-ending quest of self-discovery.

28 years young.

My name is Anthea.

△▲△▲△


Instagram

Come follow me on Instagram! :) @antheaclaire click here

Rewind





Twitterverse


Blogroll





Stuff



http://soundcloud.comAntheaaaa
Listen to me sing a little? :)


Read the Printed Word!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Traffic

Like this blog? :D