On questioning the existence of the universe
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 • 11:58 PM • 4 comments
There I was today, doing the usual -- going through the motions. dragging myself out of bed. class. library. class again. home. lunch. facebook. tv series. mental debate whether to do work. succumbed to wasting time. bla bla bla..
and whilst I was devouring a calorie-laden yet pleasurable KFC dinner with my housemates (WHICH, might I add, made me feel immensely GUILT-STRICKEN), suddenly for some odd reason, I thought of this question..
WHAT ON EARTH EXACTLY,
IS THE POINT OF OUR EXISTENCE!?
I mean, ok. I get the part where we all have a purpose in life. I've got that part covered. We, the members of the human race, all have some sort of a mission to fulfill, in our EARTHLY LIFE...
But my question here covers a bigger picture. I am not questioning our earthly life, I am questioning why we have come into being. like why did God create us in the first place.
If He knew that we were gonna be so messed up then why did He proceed on creating us..wouldn't it be easier if He just didn't create us? No pain, no suffering. No guilt and burden of sin. I mean...
(oh my goodness, did I really just say that, I'm sorry, God please forgive me, but I can't help it I am just too damn critical like that)
I mean seriously. Why? Why were we created? Why do the stars, the galaxies, the universe in its whole entirety and its inhabitants, exist? and what would happen if we DID NOT exist? where would we be? where would we have gone? Were we really just some form of mass in a dark void before becoming humans?
What if we were creatures of an entirely different dimension and all our memories of such existence then has been eradicated from our memory banks completely. What if in that world we had a choice of going to earth to become human or some other galaxy and become some sort of alien species. and we chose earth..and here we are?
And it all leads back to the same question.. why do we exist??? where did we really come from??
WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?
HOW DID THE CONCEPT OF GOD EVEN COME ABOUT?
[please take note that at this point, I am questioning the concept of God, not questioning His existence]
Then I start to have these questions that are almost completely out of context.. like..
What if everything you truly and firmly believed in all your life turned out to be a lie?
and then I go all the way back to square one.. WHAT THE FRICKIN HECK IS THE POINT OF OUR EXISTENCE.
Geez, sometimes I want to beat myself up for thinking such things. Clearly I think too much and it is obviously getting in the way of my faith, principles and values as a follower of Christ.
But I do try to shun all these thoughts away. Cause I know that the foundation of my faith in Christ is rock solid. and no matter what happens and no matter how far astray I have gone, I will always, always go back to Christ. I've had spiritual experiences way too tangible and transcendental to even consider the fact that God does not exist. I know He exists.
When everything else fades, and everything else changes, I know one thing that will never change is the fact that I have my God. In a foreign place, God is my familiarity. Everywhere I go I still have my God.
God, is home.
But still it just drives me absolutely nuts when I get into crazy critical over-thinker mode.
I love you God, but please just tell me..
What is the point of our existence?
-Anthea ❤





