Home | +Follow Me? :)
Semi-Filtered Cogitations
LCW, it's okay to cry.
Monday, August 6, 2012 • 12:28 AM • 0 comments



Didn't think I was even going to blog about this since I technically do not keep tabs at all on the world of badminton, also I am not a hardcore die-hard badminton fan (unlike my good friend Kenneth who's badminton crazy hahaha)

..and I did not even watch the match between Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan (though I did see a bit of it while I passed by the living room, housemates were watching haha)...Twitter and Facebook were more than sufficient in keeping me updated LOL.

But I AM GOING TO BLOG about this because it has made such an impact on me. 

Tonight was an incredible night. I have never seen the citizens of Malaysia so united in my entire life. Makes the concept of 1Malaysia sound even more like bullshit, when one athlete and one sport can single-handedly unite an ENTIRE NATION and create an emotional connection among Malaysians throughout the country. It's pretty amazing. 

And seeing 'Chong Wei', 'Lee Chong Wei', '#ThankYouLeeChongWei' and 'Malaysians' trend FREAKING WORLDWIDE on Twitter in the span of like, an hour++ , was just.. wow.

The WHOLE of Malaysia had LCW's back! Even I did! And I was soooo damn nervous for LCW even though I wasn't watching the match. Hahaha. 

And my heart really did tear apart when I got the news that he didn't win. I really, really sincerely and genuinely was rooting for him. I really really WANTED him to win. But he didn't. Damn I think if I was watching the match I would have teared up LOL. 


Look at this picture. So heartbreaking


It was even more heartbreaking when he tweeted this:



Just two words. But almost made me tear up.


Because I know what it feels to not make it. to not make it when you have people counting on you. to not make it and feel like you've disappointed not only people, but yourself. to not make it when you were so close. and there is absolutely nothing else you can do but say sorry.
I completely understand, because i've been through it too. and it hurts, for sure.

Lee Chong Wei has every damn right to be emotional. and he can cry as much as he wants to. Don't ask him to not cry. Just let him cry. 4 years of waiting and training for the Olympics and still not making it, must really hurt. Plus the fact that there is no next time in the Olympics for him.. (heard he's retiring).

People say, "it's okay, a silver medal is already good enough, it is still not easy to get a silver medal!"

But to me it's not just about the sole, superficial prospect of wanting to achieve a medal. It's about having a resounding "Negaraku" being played victoriously at the end of the match, It's about making an EPIC change in ALL of HISTORY... by achieving the first Olympic Gold medal for Malaysia. 

I don't blame LCW for being disappointed. Like I said, he has every right to be.

If I were there with LCW I wouldn't tell him to not cry like everyone else seems to be saying to him. but instead I would cry and cry with him until the pain subsides and there are no more tears to shed. and then give him a big bear hug. 

Then I will whisper, "You did your very best and all that you could. It's not your fault. Don't be sorry. You are still a champion in our eyes".





If we dare to win, we should also dare to lose 
- Dato' Lee Chong Wei




-Anthea ❤







<< Turn Back | Go Forth >>
The Lady

 photo 835acf11-c938-4d02-a77f-c2b4de4e9966_zpseca91784.jpg


△▲△▲△

On a constant never-ending quest of self-discovery.

28 years young.

My name is Anthea.

△▲△▲△


Instagram

Come follow me on Instagram! :) @antheaclaire click here

Rewind





Twitterverse


Blogroll





Stuff



http://soundcloud.comAntheaaaa
Listen to me sing a little? :)


Read the Printed Word!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Traffic

Like this blog? :D