Chivalry is so damn sexy
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 • 11:33 PM • 0 comments
I ❤ chivalry.
Chivalrous (adj): considerate and courteous to women
Gallant (adj): exceptionally polite and attentive to women
If there's one thing you should know about me, it would be the fact that I absolutely appreciate the chivalry of a polite & refined gentleman. Aside from artsy guy musicians, I actually have an absolute weakness for CHIVALRY.
You know, the little things SOME (and only some =.=) guys do to display their respect and attentive care for women.
Like holding the door for you, letting you enter first, carrying your heavy groceries/shopping bags for you, letting you wear their jacket/coat when you feel cold, getting the drinks for you, protecting you making sure you're safe, offering to walk you home and ETC.. (there are tonnes, really) -- all those kind of stuff..when they insist on it and do it VOLUNTARILY without having to ask them to...
..out of courtesy.
..out of a genuine respect and care for ladies.
Like holding the door for you, letting you enter first, carrying your heavy groceries/shopping bags for you, letting you wear their jacket/coat when you feel cold, getting the drinks for you, protecting you making sure you're safe, offering to walk you home and ETC.. (there are tonnes, really) -- all those kind of stuff..when they insist on it and do it VOLUNTARILY without having to ask them to...
..out of courtesy.
..out of a genuine respect and care for ladies.
I don't know what the rest of the female population feels, but to me small gestures like that create a significant yet very much underestimated impact..and an excellent impression :p
I've encountered a number of these chivalrous acts and I really, really love and appreciate these acts. It makes me feel happy, warm and fuzzy inside :) And I do think the world is very much lacking men who take chivalry seriously. Well in fact it seems kinda rare..the world needs more of 'em!
Oh and btw guys, being chivalrous doesn't necessarily mean you're going after that lady. Chivalry isn't solely exclusive to courtship and lovers (or crushes lol)
FACT: It doesn't matter if you're some average or below-average looking guy (not being as ridiculously HOT as Ian Somerhalder, unfortunately. hahahah)... if you act chivalrously like a true gentleman, you will without a doubt, get my full attention.. and make me swoon.
I've encountered a number of these chivalrous acts and I really, really love and appreciate these acts. It makes me feel happy, warm and fuzzy inside :) And I do think the world is very much lacking men who take chivalry seriously. Well in fact it seems kinda rare..the world needs more of 'em!
Chivalry shouldn't be dead.
Oh and btw guys, being chivalrous doesn't necessarily mean you're going after that lady. Chivalry isn't solely exclusive to courtship and lovers (or crushes lol)
FACT: It doesn't matter if you're some average or below-average looking guy (not being as ridiculously HOT as Ian Somerhalder, unfortunately. hahahah)... if you act chivalrously like a true gentleman, you will without a doubt, get my full attention.. and make me swoon.
-Anthea ❤





